Everybody’s health needs are different, which is why cities are trying to become healthier for everyone and pesticide-free parks are part of an overall healthy community and good living.
Many park services throughout Iowa are taking the lead in Iowa and supporting a healthy and inclusive environment. Additionally, the Iowa DNR manages all mowed areas in our State Parks without pesticides.
Look who is leading…
- Dubuque City Parks (9 parks)
- Polk County Parks (7 parks)
- Iowa City Parks (44 parks)
- City of Ottumwa (11 parks)
- City of Waterloo Park (Hope Martin Park)
- City of Cedar Falls (24 parks and recreation areas)
- Muscatine County Parks (2 parks)
- Iowa State Parks (All state parks and recreation areas)
- Jackson County Parks (4 parks/recreation areas)